Wednesday 3 June 2015

Onnyo Basanto Review




I could not but help write a few lines about this movie in Bangla....I read the story in '99 or 2000 in a Pooja barshiki...by Suchitra Bhattacharya...I did not know this favorite story of mine has been converted into a movie...it is all about as somebody suggested in a phrase : Proposed Bride's confusion.....the character Tannistha(Amrtia Chatterjee) is torn between two men ...one her fiance, a ruthlessly ambitious goal oriented man and another an ambition-less small scale businessman who makes perfumes for livelihood....you should see the end, I should not tell you, but the acting , the capturing of non verbal subtle gestures were touching, indeed moving....Kamaleswar Mukherjee as the father of the bride was effortless ( I knew he was a film maker !!, unaware of his fabulous acting skill)....Moments between Amrita Chatterjee (the bride) and Koushik Roy ( the failure) were subtle yet soothing and gentle....and hats off to the director Aditi Roy, this one and her first film Aboshesey show she has a talent...a talent to touch and evoke fine emotions, a talent to explore enormous layering and possibilities in a relationship.She made an emotion alive which is very rare and which I call " Brooding stillness " or " Gentle Brooding"....pangs or aches of heart which made my eyes moisten several times.....
I wish all of my friends understood Bangla ( no subtitles)....the new wave Bangla cinema is here to stay I guess....

9 comments:

  1. I loved the movie, similar recommendations are welcome, in fact any recommendation is welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ayush, Keep watching youtube, the recent bangla movies offer you good storyline...

      Delete
  2. I don't see bengali commercial film but when it comes Bengali Art Film I never miss. I love this movie so much. I love everything and every moment of this film. Whenever I see this movie I remain silent. It gives me a sense unnatural feeling. I have no word to express how much I like this movie. Every actor has done their job perfectly. I keep this movie name in my diary besides Prakhand, Bela Sheshe Amar Apon Jon. Shankhachil and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...onnyo basanto r theme oti puraton but the story is built with love which makes you fall for the film

      Delete
    2. 1.Abhimanyu and tanni both ll be setelle in their future life ?
      2.soumak and tanni ll spend happy married lyf.
      Plz reply my oost.

      Delete
    3. Whether Soumya and Tinni will lead happy lives I am uncertain but yes Abhimanyu will have a difficult life. This is a realistic story which we see everyday. There are many like Tinni who choose security of money and abandon what they actually want. There are many like Abhi who build their life after break up.

      Delete
  3. Can someone tell me, what's happened at the end? Will they be together or tinni still marry Sounak?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie has another kind of meaning. Discovering the spring of life in another form. Bring your sorrows out of the black and white screen and arrange them in the fading of color. A different kind of definition of happiness. And anger? It is just an artificial feeling. How long does anger exist? This movie is a therapy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read this story in a Pujo special Desh....the movie did justice to the book....all actors were great...

      Delete